On Wednesday, July 1, all Preble County District Library branches will be welcoming patrons back into the building! Like many other places, the Library will look and function a bit differently than before.
To help ensure the safety of the staff and our patrons, we have modified public areas and changed certain procedures to comply with state and federal guidelines for reopening.
Book drops are now open 24/7 as of Oct. 21st, 2020!
Temporary hours for branches, curbside services, & reduced building capacities:
- Preble County Room
- Phone: 937-456-4970
- 2 Patrons at a time (Call ahead for reservations)
- Mon – Thurs 9-5
- Fri 9 - 3
Important notes about the library’s reopening:
- The first hour of each day will be reserved for seniors and those who are especially vulnerable to COVID-19.
- Children ages 15 and under must always be accompanied by an adult guardian while in the Library.
- Building capacities have been lowered to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Returned items will be quarantined for at least 72 hours. This means that they will still show on your account for 3-4 days after you return them. No late fines will accrue.
- SEO holds and deliveries are suspended until further notice.
- Each patron will be limited to 30 minutes per day on the computer. Only one person will be allowed at the computer at a time. No headphones will be available at the computers. If you need audio, please bring your own headphones.
- There will be no in-building programs offered at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on Facebook where recorded programming is being offered.
- Seating will be limited, and we will be discouraging leisure reading and studying at this time.
- Table space will also be limited.
- All library toys, games, puppets, and stuffed animals have been lovingly stored for future use.
- Meeting rooms will not be available.
- All previously scheduled meetings have been canceled.
- The Preble County Room asks that patrons make an appointment to visit their location. Walk-ins are welcome, but preference will be given to appointments made in advance.
For the comfort and safety of staff and patrons, we have put the following safety measures in place:
- All items must be returned to the outdoor book drops only.
- All returned items are quarantined for at least 72 hours.
- Library staff will wear face coverings while working.
- Library staff will wear gloves when handling materials.
- Library staff will have training in new protocols before the Library reopens.
- Library staff will participate in daily health assessments.
- Library staff will practice regular hand washing.
- Plexiglas shields will be put in place at all service desks.
- Social distancing measures have been put in place.
- A cleaning/sanitizing schedule has been put in place for open hours.
- Furniture has been moved or removed to allow for social distancing.
What we ask of those coming into the Library:
- Respect social distancing guidelines by maintaining a 6-foot space between yourself and other patrons and staff.
- All patrons are required to wear a mask per the governor’s most recent order, effective 7/23/20. Should a patron claim a medical disability which precludes the use of a mask, that patron will be granted reasonable use of library facilities upon presentment of written proof from a legitimate medical provider that the patron will or may suffer health consequences if required to wear a face covering for any period of time. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided by the library before and after any circulation transactions.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Curb-side pick-up and online programming will continue. Please call your branch or visit our website to request items for no-contact pick-up.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How do I select items for checkout if I cannot enter a library branch?
A: You can find materials and place holds on our online catalog, available at https://ohio.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/prd/, or by calling your library branch.
Q: How do I pick up the materials I want to borrow?
A: Once the materials are ready, you will be notified by your preferred contact method. When you arrive at the library, pull into one of the designated curbside pickup parking spots and call the number posted on the parking sign. You will be asked for your name, library card number, and the letter of your parking spot. Materials will then be delivered to your car by a library staff member. Library staff will be wearing masks and gloves. In order to follow social distancing guidelines, the library asks that you stay in your vehicle during curbside pickup.
Q: What measures are being taken by the library to ensure the safe handling of materials?
A: PCDL has been closely monitoring the progression of COVID-19 and adjusting our response to it accordingly. Essential library functions such as checking items in/out and placing holds are now available by phone, online, and curbside (during select hours). All returned materials are quarantined for at least 24 hours before being handled by any PCDL staff member.
Q: What about library programs? Where will we go for free, family-friendly entertainment?
A: Check our events section on Facebook, our virtual program playlist on Facebook, or visit our online event calendar for DIY crafts, at-home activities, and more.