To celebrate National Library Week, which is April 7th-13th, we will be hosting a BookFace Photo Contest. Find out how to participate below!
- The library is a great place to start! Find a book cover with a face or some other portion of a body.
- Use the book cover you choose to create a striking photo that will blur the lines between fiction and reality by replacing part of yourself with the book's cover.
- Snap a clear picture.
- Email your BookFace picture to firstname.lastname@example.org between March 1-31 . Make sure to include the following information: name, phone number and age.
- Vote by liking your favorite image on the library's Facebook page between April 7th- April 12th.
- First, second, and third place winners will be announced April 15th, and prizes will be awarded. The first place prize will be a Amazon Fire 7 with Alexa.
Tips & Tricks:
If the face on the book is the same size as your face, hold the book close.
If larger than your face, hold the book further away. Get friends involved, to hold the book, take the photo, or to pose with you with their own bookface! Let your creativity shine!