Miss Lisa and Miss Cris read the book Turtle Island by Kevin Sherry and then made a cute turtle sun catcher!
Download a printable instruction sheet (PDF): https://bit.ly/0617pcdl
You will need:
- A bowl to trace a circle on the wax paper. We used a 7" bowl in the example.
- Wax paper
- Pencil sharpener
- Hair dryer (an adult will need to supervise this - it can get hot!)
- Green construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Hole punch
- String or yarn to hang your craft
- Trace two circles onto the wax paper using your bowl and cut them out.
- Use the pencil sharpener to make some crayon shavings (use the broken pieces of crayons that you may already have).
- Sprinkle your shavings onto one piece of wax paper and cover with the other piece of wax paper. You don't want to make it too thick - you want the light to come through.
- Start applying heat with the hair dryer to melt the crayons between the wax paper. Remember it can get HOT!
- Make a head, feet, and tail for your turtle with the construction paper and glue into place. Don't forget the googly eyes. The googly eyes are always a nice touch, but if you do not have any, just draw them on. It will still look great.
- Place a hole in the wax paper to hang your suncatcher with string or yarn.
- Hang your suncatcher up in a sunny, indoor spot! Doesn't it look pretty in your window?
Friday, June 12, 2020 - 12:00pm
Friday, June 19, 2020 - 12:00pm
Friday, June 26, 2020 - 12:00pm
Friday, July 3, 2020 - 12:00pm
Friday, July 10, 2020 - 12:00pm
Friday, July 17, 2020 - 12:00pm
Friday, July 24, 2020 - 12:00pm