#103 – The Nonpareil Building was located on the northwest corner of Main St and West Hendricks Street, as it appeared in approximately 1895.

This major landmark building was built in 1889 by W.E. McChristie to house his rapidly expanding copying and printing business. On April 3, 1902, McChristie inaugurated and printed the first edition of the Preble County News in this building. The building saw many uses in the first half of the 20th century, but by the mid-20th century, the building had fallen into decay and was condemned.  On August 23, 1969, the final phase of destruction of the Nonpareil Building was completed as a large crowd looked on. A parking lot and laundry mat currently occupy this site.

Full Image Camden Archives: