Lynda.com is merging into its parent company LinkedIn to become LinkedIn Learning. With LinkedIn Learning, you will receive more personalized recommendations for Lynda.com content and more course suggestions and learning paths that are more closely aligned with your career goals and educational interests.
A LinkedIn account is not required to use LinkedIn Learning for Library – all activity is tied to your library card number and no additional personally identifiable information is stored on LinkedIn Learning.
What does this mean for me?
- Before May 2021, log into your Lynda.com account to download and save your completed certificates. You can find those in the user menu at the top right of the Lynda.com page. During migration, your name will be removed from your certificates.
- After the first week in May, the library will have a new LinkedIn link to replace the Lynda one. You will be able to find that on our website at www.preblelibrary.org/referencedesk > Careers
- When you log into LinkedIn Learning, you will enter your library card number and PIN. Much of your history (i.e. certificates earned) should transfer over but saved Learning Paths will not.
- Your library card is the only connection to your LinkedIn Learning activity. If you lose your card, you can get another, but your LinkedIn Learning history will be lost. Protect yourself by downloading your completed certificates when you earn them.
- Our library's transition to LinkedIn Learning is expected to happen the first week in May. On migration day, both Lynda.com and LinkedIn Learning will be unavailable until the migration is complete.
Yours in learning,
The Preble County District Library